Friday, October 21, 2011

The Rhinebeck Experience

Despite giving the appearance of being an organized, together kind of person, it has taken until today to get some pictures off loaded from Laura's camera, so I haven't posted until today. Does that make any sense? I do hope so.

Speaking of Laura, she is now a full time legal assistant at a downtown Toronto law firm, and I couldn't be more pleased for her. This will suit her right down to the ground, and will be challenging and fun. So yes, it's just me and the kitty boy left at home.

Upstate New York, folks, is beautiful in autumn. We stayed with a lovely friend, and had some cat time as well. You may recognize Slushie- she is the Fat Cat, who isn't very fat any more, and I felt like I was in the presence of a celebrity, which I was.


And this little fellow is Tommie- who, really, just wants luvvins-

On Saturday, there was a meet-up for the Fat Cat fiber people, and here is someone I met, who just happens to have 2 very large cats, Spaz and Taz, at 28 and 31 pounds respectively, and make Kitten Chow look small. She's delightful. And check out that cool sweater.

And some more of the usual suspects- it was a great day.

Lots to admire, lots to see, and I did come home with some goodies, but the real fun was meeting the great people there. I've decided that I want to visit the major shows at least once in my lifetime, so perhaps Maryland? I don't even know if that's driveable from here.


But it sure is good to know that Kitten Chow is at home, keeping my yarn warm.

And Halloween is getting closer- I'll share my projects next week.

9 comments:

Gale said...

Looks like you had a good time. Colour me green with envy! I'd like to go sometime to one of these events as well. Looking forward to hearing more about it.

Chris said...

Congrats to Laura!

Oh, it looks like you had a good time. :) I've been to New England in the autumn once - stunning!

Bridget said...

Lorraine - get yourself to Philadelphia, and we'll take the Rosie's bus to Maryland! You can stay with us, and it will be hi-larious!

miyamojo said...

How fun!

(I thought they were Atticus & Malcolm)

Brigitte said...

Oh, yay for Laura! What firm did she get hired by?

I have to say - Tommie does look like Malcolm, and Slushie looks like Atticus' twin!

Carrie#K said...

Sounds like much fun! And very cute kitties, but they're not Kitten Chow.

So are you going to come visit Stitches West? February!

Nicole said...

Sounds like a fun time! I would like to think I'll get to Rhinebeck one of these years, but it would be a loooong trek for me...

mrspao said...

Well done, Laura! Looks like you had a super time at Rhinebeck. What gorgeous kitties :-)

Sonya said...

I love your Halloween theme! I must get to Rhinebeck one of these days. It looks like so much fun! And congratulations to Laura. She must be excited.

I'm working on getting my sad, neglected blog back up and running. I have a tidy pile of FOs or near-FOs.