Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Getting In Gear

Things have gotten busy- this weekend I went with FC, Laura and my niece Alison to the Christie Antique Show, which is held twice a year. It was really great, except we all got a bit sunburned. I collect flat irons- and picked up 2.

One has the trivet, and my criteria is they must be rust free, and unpainted. They look nice on my fireplace, and serve as a reminder of what drudge work women had to do. We've come a long way, baby. Was that a cigarette ad?
I am happy to say that I have finished my handspun Sweet Tortie cardigan. The sleeves are bracelet length, because it makes me nuts to have to push my sleeves up all the time.

Some custom dyed BFL from Fat Cat, for my Coleus shawl. I have just over 900 yds of fingering weight, and it was a pure pleasure to spin. I've also begun some Christmas knitting, some handspun fingerless mittens and socks. I want to stay on top of that this year.

I have re-joined Weight Watchers, and there is a new program which is very easy to follow. I realize that I have to be accountable, and as I'm a lifetime member, I hope to keep it up. This is a different meeting than the one I used to go to, and it's not so much the social club that these things always become. Not that I have anything against it, but the leader at the last place kept being interrupted by loud talking. I'm there to listen and learn.

But some (ahem) kittens, never listen.

7 comments:

Chris said...

Yay for getting back to WW!! And your cardigan is lovely. :)

Laritza said...

I collect irons too! I had never known of anyone else that did! Last count 89, including some little tiny ones. How many do you have?

Lorraine said...

Hi Laritza- I only have 8 at the moment. While they are fairly wasy to find, there are alot that aren't in good condition, and many that are way overpriced.

That's a great collection you have!

Brigitte said...

Great Sweet Tortie! Nice pattern...

What's the KC man been up to now...?!

mrspao said...

Yay for rejoining WW. I did one for a little while too. I love your Sweet Tortie and flatirons.

Carrie K said...

Two people that collect flat irons? Who knew? Admit it. You're tempted to use them. ;)

Sweet Torte is sweet!!

Brenda said...

Love the cardigan, and the colors for the Coleus shawl are beautiful!