Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What is this?



..kid's day at the Ex? If you live around the Toronto area, that's an expression that would be familiar. The Ex refers to the CNE, or the Canadian National Exhibition. This year, one of the attractions will be a Krispy Kreme Burger. Mmmmmm, yummy.

The beginning of the Ex always means summer is ending. It used to be that I would be sad, because I would have to go back to school, but it makes me happy now, because it signals fall and cooler weather.

Let's see, lately I have learned about synchronized headbanging...

...laid out the blocks for my basket quilt. I hope to piece this together soon....

......got my cross stitch Anniversary Sampler back from the framer.....

.....did some spinning....

....worked on my handspun sweater.....

... and dealt with very bad cat behavior. Not necessarily in that order.

It's a full life.

11 comments:

Gale said...

Did you eat that? If so, I am jealous. Girlie, you have been busy.

As for the cat, bad kitty.

mrspao said...

Hmm that sounds scarily good but probably terribly bad if consumed in excess.....! Wow - you have been so busy. Love the look on KC's face. There is a certain defiance that you need to be scared of!!

Chris said...

You have been really, really busy - and productive! :)

Jeanne said...

I don't know that I could go for the hamburger on KK - but its the egg that I'd skip - did you actually have that? How was it?

You've been very busy and everything is beautiful - the spinning makes me want go to my wheel right now and make some yarn!

Lorraine said...

Okay- just so everyone knows,I haven't tried the KK burger. It would be strange with the donut buns.

But if anyone I know tries it- I'll get a restaurant critic review.

Nicole said...

Oh my. I could NOT bring myself to eat that burger...

Looks like you're ready for fall!

Brenda said...

Great projects!
How could such a cute kitty behave badly? You must be mistaken; KC is sure you are.

Carrie K said...

He looks quite put out by it too.

*THAT* is yummy on a bun.

Brigitte said...

Yeah, they said the calorie count is equal to a full day's worth. But, they also said you only live once. The sweet with the burger just doesn't do it for me.

Choppers poopin' rainbows again?

miyamojo said...

Wooly would eat that without hesitation. lol!

Love your projects - glad you framed your cross stitch.

Carrie K said...

That's a doughnut bun?!? Ugh, I take it back.

Kitten Chow is adorable.