Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Auf Weidershen August



Tomorrow is September 1st. Isn't that wonderful? This summer has gone pretty fast, I have kept busy. Lot's has been happening. As you see, Alex purchased a truck, one he has been looking for. It takes up alot of driveway real estate. But he's happy.

Miss Mew had a birthday- she got these lovely roses from her Aunt Louise.

I saw this sewing machine a while back on Sonya's blog, and purchased one from a fellow on Kajiji. This is the Singer Slant-O-Matic, also known as the "Rocketeer"- cool, or what? I have all the attachments, and it sews perfectly. I also picked up a 411G, which is the same machine, made in Germany, for Laura, but she has to wait for Santa to lug it down the chimney.

I made these fingerless gloves from some handspun- this matches a scarf I've done. I am having sleeve issues with my handspun sweater, so I put it in time out while I did these. Everything is okay now, and I hope to finish it this long weekend.

When I'm not spinning this gorgeous BFL from Fat Cat. This is a variation of her Sugared Beets, only with a different red added.

Kitten-Chow was wondering if a handspun Turbo mousie might be in the offing. I guess it depends on his behavior from now until Christmas.

7 comments:

Gale said...

Can I have a turbo mousie too?

Love the gloves, and that sewing machine.

Bridget said...

Lorraine - YES - goodbye summer!

The gloves are very pretty (love the colors) and your sewing machine looks quite fancy.

If Kitten Chow knows what's good for him, he'll realize that Santa will be here before he knows it ...

Carrie K said...

That sewing machine is magnificent!

What? He has to wait until Christmas for a handspun Turbo mousie? Does your cruelty know no bounds?

Nicole said...

It looks like August has been a good month! I hope September proves to be as good or better!

Chris said...

Wow - look at how productive you've been! August was SOOOOO much nicer here than July at least... and September is going to arrive with nearly 90F and humid. :(

mrspao said...

Tamyra would love a turbo mousie!! What wonderful things you've been making and I love the colour of those roses.

Brigitte said...

Oh, oh, did you see it? That was me, kicking summer in the ass and slamming the door behind it!

How long before he realizes that he'll need a second job to pay for the gas? ;)