Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Light My Fire

The weather here continues to be fine. We've only had a few sort of sticky days, and even that wasn't too bad. All in all, summer is going fairly quickly this year.


The flowers are happy . I really haven't had to water, and I already have some cherry tomatoes.

Normally, I don't name my projects, but I am calling this shawl "Fire Walk With Me" and some of you will get the Twin Peaks reference. An amazing project, amazing yarn, I loved it.

This is Springtime Bandit, a free pattern, done in my handspun Fat Cat Polwarth in Magnolia. I am obsessed with handspun- which is good, because Tour de Fleece starts on Saturday.

Kitten Chow has become a bit of an escape artist, having made it out to the porch a few times. I hope he knows that it is a cruel kitty world out there, and not many people would allow him to perch on the dining room table, on a colorful towel.

Will someone explain this to him?

9 comments:

mrspao said...

Gorgeous shawls and flowers :) We've had similar weather - not much muggy and lots of rain this summer.

Gale said...

Both shawls are gorgeous. And I am coming to your house for spinning lessons.

Sel and Poivre said...

Those shawls are gorgeous - but then your work is always stunning!

Chris said...

Oh, love Fire Walk With Me (and I get the reference!)!

KC, you really don't want to be out in the big bad world. Who would feed you???

Rebekah said...

Beautiful Shalws. Love the color infusion.

Kitten Chow, you should know that most kitties out there don't get to sit on the table. At my parents house, they have a house rule. No back feet on the table (front kitty paws are okay though), especially in the morning when you get your Activia treat.

Carrie K said...

Beautiful shawls!

KC, it's true. Most people do not let cats on the table with or without a colorful towel. In my parents home, you are not even allowed to go ON THE KITCHEN COUNTER. I have no idea how you're expected to get a drink of water or see what's for dinner.

The porch might be lovely if you're good about sitting nicely on a lap.....

Nina in the Northwoods said...

I will happily tell Kitten Chow not to go out into the cold, cruel world if you will tell my Oscar (another Tuxedo like Chow) that he is not entitled to have cookies before he eats his breakfast. He has decided that he needs cookies first thing every morning.

Nicole said...

Lovely work!

KC, you might like it outside right now, but it will rain again before you know it. And then where will you be?

Brigitte said...

I get the reference too! My new neighbours (who moved into my old place) have a little black cat who they put on a leash (she has this little harness, it's so cute!), and let her outside. Kind of makes me nervous that she'll get run over by one of the cars coming to park in the back, or Sasha will come out and think she's a puppy, or that she'll escape (which she has already).

See Chow, best to stay indoors.