Thursday, June 9, 2011

Dude, Where's My Camera?

If it seems a long time since I posted, my camera is pooched, and I want another one, and FC is supposed to get me one- or something, so I'm using Laura's, and that's all I'm going to say on that subject- except that I"M NOT HAPPY.

We have slipped into summer mode at Chez Sheriff, even though it doesn't officially begin until June 21- but as you can probably guess, we had record temperatures yesterday. Woof.

Miss Mew graduated with Honors- and will write her Law Society exam in August. In the meantime, I am spending some wonderful time with her, before she heads off to career land.

And she got some beautiful pink roses.

I have begun a lace project, which I am completely in love with. The pattern is La Cumparsita- and that amazing yarn is from Twisted Fiber Art- in the"Embers" color. This was custom dyed so that the grey areas are in the main body of the shawl- and the bigger leaf edging morphs into red/orange. It's amazing, and so much fun.

I did another pair of Monkeys, and I am really s-l-o-w in coming to realization that hand knitted socks are incredible to wear. Fair Isle will have to wait. I hope to have the green one done around September, but the only schedules around here are self-imposed- and I don't like to be micro-managed at the best of times.

I read both of these. The first one "Hit By A Farm"- is more about the beginning of their sheep farm, and coming to terms with a major lifestyle change. In "Sheepish" she learns what those fiber freaks are all about- and embraces knitting, and spinning, as well as the allure of yarn. Her writing style is witty, but not silly. I liked them.

Kitten Chow fails to understand why his mealtimes are micro-managed, and wants to know why food is not available on demand.

9 comments:

Gale said...

Congratulations to the new graduate and on your newly found sense of hand-knit sock-love. I'd really like to try the yarn you are using for your shawl. Maybe next year when the purchasing moratorium is eased a bit.

Chris said...

Congrats to Miss Mew!!! :)

Our record high temp was Tuesday - it was 103F!

Rebekah said...

I SEcond chris' congrats to Miss Mew.

We are hot, humid and icky, but hopefully it'll cool off tomorrow, to a lovely balmy 89 degrees. I am being sarcastic, I miss winter!

Can't wait to see more of the lace.

Carrie K said...

That's a good question, Kitten Chow.

Congratulations to Miss Mew!!

I'm still not on board with the handknit sock bandwagon but your Monkeys are cute.

mrspao said...

Well done, Miss Mew! You both looks so cute.

I'm smitten with handknitted socks so you are preaching to the converted! They look great!!!

Cheryl said...

cONGRATS TO YOU AND THE NEW GRADUATE, EXCITING WONDERFUL TIMES. Sorry for caps...I have loved every stage of the boys lives and find it just keeps getting better.
LOVE monkeys, made many in my sock crazy period!!
I am not a fan of the heat, snow is a nuisance but I would so much rather put on a sweater than have to cool down....

Brigitte said...

Oh, yay Laura! Of course it would be with Honors! :D (She looks fab, btw. LOVE the 40's look.)

What are these Monkey socks?

Nicole said...

Congrats!

I love the shawl! And the dye plan sounds awesome. I love it when things work like that.

Cheryl said...

Yes I have gone to a hotel once this past year to have a soak, but I a really getting lonesome for my tub. We are finishing the new stairs in the basement today so maybe next week I can nudge the fence replacement to start. Then the bathroom.

Do you have plans for another dog at all?