Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Out And About

Hi again. It's been raining and dark again, seeming to go on for days. I did manage to capture some of spring in Toronto, as my sister and I are resuming our weekly walk.

The cherry and apple blossoms were out last week. Alot of Japanese people come to see them, and they are symbols of good luck. I think my evil twin took this angle of my big keester on purpose, you know? The other pic is a really interesting tree by Grenadier Pond (it is rumored that the pond is bottomless and Grenadier Soldiers are down there...)


After High Park, we went along Bloor West to see our friend Chris who owns "Say Tea"- on my sidebar- and she had a blend for the Royal Wedding- she does mail order, and it's full of roses. The Green Tea is incredible- even iced.

Saturday found us downtown at the Bata Shoe Museum, where they had an exhibit of shoes from the '20's. Unbelievable. I haven't been in years- here's the outside of the building- it looks like a shoebox.

You can try on some of the weird shoes.
With fish in the heels.

I also must of missed what they did to Museum subway station- I was snapping pics like a tourist.

It's good knitting weather, and I know I will be miserable when it turns hot and humid. I got some knitting done. Auntumn-y colours that will hopefully be finished by fall.

A very bad opportunist cat, who is sitting on Alex's pants. If he's not careful, Alex will be bringing an ass-kicking home with him today.

Have a great week.

12 comments:

Gale said...

Chow chops seems to like getting in trouble. Looks like you had a nice time in TO.

Chris said...

Thanks for sharing the photos of the subway station and shoe museum! Very fun and cool. :)

Jewel said...

The shoe museum looks like a lot of fun. Are the fish alive in the heel of the shoe?

Rebekah said...

Its fun being a tourist in your own city, I do that often in St. Louis, walk around gawking. We actually have a lot of neat architectural features on the buildings downtown. One of these days I'll take pictures of them.

Love the fish shoes. I would wear them!

Carrie#K said...

A Shoe Museum! Too cool. Oh wow, I remember goldfish shoes. Don't tell anyone.

Brigitte said...

Museum Station has been like that for a couple of years now. I figure the ROM must of kicked in some $$, seeing how there's no way the TTC could afford to put that together...

This rain sucks.ass.

mrspao said...

I love the walk :) The shoe museum does look neat.

Linda said...

Thise shoes are so mad!

Nicole said...

I can't imagine anyone actually WEARING shoes like that. Then again, one look at the hats from the royal wedding, and all my hopes for fashion get thrown out the window...

Sonya said...

It's been a good spring for knitting, but not much else. I haven't planted a thing yet. I love the shoe museum! Is the autumn color sweater a new design?

Lorraine said...

Sonya- It's a new old design, that's been around for a while. I decided to cast on, and I hope to have it done to be photographed with the autumn leaves.

Cheryl said...

My friend actually had those fish heel shoes...lol...
I will get that package out to you this week...I am getting back on track now that the gala event is over...lol
You need to post weekly, I look forward to reading...lol..I have done two posts in the past few days also,lol funny how much I miss it...