Monday, March 28, 2011

Never Wake A Dragon

This is an odd time of year. The sun is really warm, but the temperature is cold. So I sit near a window to get the sunshine fix. Spring is here.

Laura's Beardies are hilarious- Suzy is on top of Zelda, and wasn't happy about being woken up-she's flaring her beard and trying to look scary. They are so cute and funny.

I've been having a blast spinning, and my new BFF (Best Fiber Friend) is Ginny at Fat Cat Knits- who dyes the most incredible fiber on the planet. This is Polwarth in 'Magnolia", and I never wanted it to end. I've been trying to slow down my treadling, and take my time. I've also learned alot about different fibers and dyers. I'm not a merino type person, more the Shetland, Romney and of course the Polwarth, which is smooth and lovely and has "grab" to it. If I live to be 100, I'll never know all there is to know about spinning and fiber, and that fascinates me.

I finished the edging on my Hap Shawl. I should name it "Sweetie Darling" because I watched all 5 seasons of AbFab while doing it. I just need to block it.

Mr. Sir has been ramping up is campaign for more food, but we are not giving in. We really don't know what he'll do next- and I've been brushing him and giving him lots of love, but he isn't fooled by diversion tactics.

And Dragons don't scare him.

10 comments:

Chris said...

Do the beardies frequently sit on top of each other??

Oh, dear, KC's out for vengeance....

Gale said...

Well, they should scare him! Love the spinning and the shawl.

rebekahsyarn said...

Good thing to know about waking up a dragon. Beautiful spinning, you are inspiring to try and get back to my wheel.

mrspao said...

Kitten Chow has a very worrying look on his face. I think you need to check your shoes.

Brenda said...

KC is looking thinner!
Your shawl is pretty.

miyamojo said...

I think Mr Chow looks like he's saying, "What? I didn't do anything! I'm just sitting here..."

He's such a cutie.

Linda said...

Love the dragons, my husband says we are not allowed one. :( Your shawl is gorgeous, its about time I finished my attempts at a shawl. You have spurred me on!

Brigitte said...

I always remember the scene of one AbFab episode where Eddie calls Patsy's place looking for her, and the phone is answered by Saffron's boyfriend, who she'd just met at Eddie's house. As though it was the most normal thing in the world, she says "Oh hello (whatever his name was), is Patsy there?" Just the casual way she said it because it was perfectly normal for Patsy to hook up with poor Saffron's boyfriend. Classic British humour, oh I miss that show.

How many haps is that now?

Carrie#K said...

He's looking really good though, even if he is hideously deprived and cruelly treated.

Not cute & funny! Intimidating and scary! Poor Suzy. No respect.

Love the SweetieDarling shawl.

Nicole said...

Eee hee hee! Cute beardies! And cute kitty, too! It is a good day for photos at Chez Sheriff. :)