Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Day Late...

..and a dollar short. How can I tell it is mid-February? I seem to have a bit of cabin fever, I can't focus on anything for too long, and FC is on the couch with the flu. He did give me a box of chocolate truffles, which is nice, after all these years.

I resurrected my new design- and I was stalled for some really dumb reasons. We needed new printer ink (in a house full of techies, you would be surprised how long it took to get more)- and Bewawa delivered to the house, so you see, I couldn't print the chart and see how it would look. I also thought about a long-ago trip to Britain, and the main color is the turquoise blue that you see all over Brighton- a kitschy seaside town, and thus came up with "Brighton Rock". Yes, I did listen to alot of Queen in my youth as well. I admit it.

As well, spinning is taking up alot of my time. It is endlessly fascinating. Not to non-spinners.

I am almost finished the edges of the SS Hap Shawl- (sounds like a boat, doesn't it?)

I am almost done reading this. It's about the Canadian art scene around the time of the first World War. The Group of Seven is famous here, and some would be surprised to learn they only were together a very short time. The death of Tom Thomson, under mysterious circumstances, is part of Canadian folklore- but they represented this beautiful land in a new way. This is well written, and fascinating. I did manage to see the exhibit at the McMichael a few weeks ago.

Kitten Chow is currently on a diet, and is a little grumpy. Just a little.

13 comments:

Chris said...

Aw, that was nice of FC, esp with having the flu and all!

You do have a little bit of everything going on, don't you?! :)

Just a little grumpy... is he punishing you?

Sel and Poivre said...

Wow you really do have your fingers in a lot of pies!The added light every day really is energizing isn't it?

Gale said...

I love the colours of Brighton Rock. I am with KC, although not on a diet.

mrspao said...

You are so busy! It all looks great.

How nice of FC to get you chocolates.

Rebekah said...

Uh-oh diets for kitties is never any fun. Your spinning is really beautiful!

Carrie#K said...

Poor Kitten Chow. I feel your pain.

That hap shawl is really nice.

I've never heard of the 7. I'll have to ask my Mom tonight.

Brigitte said...

Oh poor little man. Malcolm sends his sympathies (as he mows down more non-diet food).

I love the colours of the new design.

miyamojo said...

I'm fascinated by your spinning.

Poor Chow.

Linda said...

Poor Chow, I am on a diet too and grumpy! Your shawl looks lovely, I have always wanted to knit one of them. It would be great in handspun.

Nicole said...

My winters are nothing on those most of the world 'round, but I find I knit my mist vibrant yarns during the winter. Rebelling against the grey sky, I suspect.

Toni said...

Oh I am in love with your spinning..very fascinating.... impressive..... I am also impressed that you have time to read with the Lady Bug in your house. My reading is falling by the wayside. :)

The Queen said...

I'm going to get fussy at you - Tom Thompson wasn't actually a member of the Group of Seven! Most people don't realize that, since he's so famous and attached to them. They all hung out together.

Lorraine said...

Queen- Yes, that is true. He passed away before the Group of Seven was formed.