Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Still Crazy After All These Years

I won't tell you how it went at the dentist, because it's tomorrow. I managed to bollux up the dates- and FC had to call to tell me it was this Thursday. I've also managed to misplace last week's book, so I'll use this week's instead. Are you getting a sense of the current state of life around here?

I am more than halfway through this, but I fear it came a bit too late to offer any insight. The author recounts her sons' teenage years, and a major upheaval when they move. They end up staying at her parents house for 3 years, while building their own. Back in 1997, this family upped sticks and moved to the country- it lasted 14 months and we were back in suburbia. I'm not sure I would want to relive the teenage years, although in alot of ways I think teens get a bad rap- they are a mass of raging hormones, no one understands them, and they become very quiet and secretive. It's a hard stage of life- and I am coming out the other side of it with my two. But they are funny, they have alot of insight, and we need to remember that they are people too- insufferable at times. One thing I always remember about kids- to love them, especially when they least deserve it.
This is the progression of my spinning efforts last week- from l to r- White Shetland, Grey Romney, Oatmeal Romney (dk weight) and Oatmeal Romney fingering weight. Kind of looks like yarn, doesn't it?

Last evening, as I was plying some coloured Corriedale (I'll show you next week), the cat was on one chair, Laura was spread out on the couch, there was roving all over the other chair, and when FC managed to squeeze into a small space, he smacked his head on the cross stitch frame that was on the back of the couch. Poor FC.

I guess I should let daddy sit here- he does pay for my kitty meat.

10 comments:

Gale said...

Your spinning looks great. Sounds a bit like my house at the moment Lorraine. Minus the kids.

miyamojo said...

Unconditional love is a rare gem. Adopt me. I'll sit on the floor. :)

Jewel said...

Your spinning is impressive!! I agree with Michele. I'd sit on the floor at your house TOO!

molecularknitting.com said...

Beautiful spinning! I can just tell that the grey romney that provided that wool was an excellent sheep. Such a beautiful grey!

Good luck at the dentist!

Carrie#K said...

Don't let him intimidate you. You NEED a comfy place to sit.

So the joy of the dentist is still to come, eh?

Knitting Heaven & Earth sounds better. Sad to hear she's gone - she went to what would have been my LYS.

I absolutely agree with #9 in your last post.

Chris said...

Good luck at the dentist tomorrow!

mrspao said...

Lovely yarn. Will be thinking of you at the dentist today.

Rebekah said...

Your spinning is beuatiful, do you have any wonderful plans for your wonderful yarn?

Linda said...

Your yarns are looking wonderful. Sending all my wishes for you at the horrid dentist. x

Brigitte said...

Whatever you do - don't move a cat. Besides, who knows what KC will do if pissed off.