Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ferme la Buche de Noel

Have you noticed the calendar date? Yes, it's the 21st of December. Usually around this time I have a strong urge to lie down in bed and not get up until the 27th. For some odd reason, I'm not in a complete panic, or even mildly upset. This is very unusual.

I pretty well have everything in hand, presents are wrapped, tree is up, and I've made a start on giving the kitchen a good clean- inside the cupboards and stuff. I have to scrub the bathrooms (never did get around to getting new tiles for the tub surround), wash floors and do the dusting. The turkey needs to be thawed, and I'll make the stuffing and the rest on Thursday. Oh! And I had my tooth fixed- thanks to nitrous!

My niece gave me this big, honking nutcracker guy who is a baker. Laura and I are attempting a Buche de Noel this year.

My favorite decoration, that Pottery Barn reindeer, and I always wish I had 2, but then I remember I got this one on sale- and am too cheap to pay full price.
Another Reindeer- this one is a candle from Bath and Body Works last year.

Randy, Rhonda and Ramona- I never did get Rodney- so this is the single parent Reindeer family. FC got these at Burger King eons ago.

As for knitting, I made some socks for FC, even though I said I wouldn't. I say that every year.

I had some leftover Alpaca, that just happened to be mouse colored, and made Mr. Man a Turbo Mouse. This will go in his stocking along with some Party Mix, even though his name is on the top of the naughty list.
Mr. Kitten Chow cannot be reached for comment, at this time.

Brigitte is not allowed to say anything, because she predicted that I would get into spinning. Well, I have been a reader of Spin Off for years, and lately have become totally obsessed by all the wonderful handspun yarns that seem to be everywhere. I haven't got a wheel yet- but have been bitten by the "bug"- a Schacht Ladybug. FC says I can have it- and I'm afraid he'll change his mind, so we'll see what Santa brings.

I probably won't post until after the holidays. I want to wish you all, my truly amazing blogbuddies who have become dear friends, the very best for health and happiness in the New Year. I have a feeling 2011 will be a banner year, and may all your yarn dreams come true.
(I'm not happy........................................................................)

9 comments:

Gale said...

KC may not be happy but he sure looks cute with that bow on his head. Have a great holiday Lorraine.

mrspao said...

You've made me feel all warm and fuzzy seeing your decorations. I have no tree but not for want of trying. I'll be working on putting up other decorations until we can get our tree :)

Chris said...

You do sound as if it's all well in hand! Happy holidays! :)

Bad kitty.

miyamojo said...

Happy holidays to you and your!

Chow, that bow matches your eyes...

Spinning! YAY! You'll be able to truly make an original knit. :)

Carrie#K said...

Spin!

Clearly every holiday season needs a dose of nitrous oxide.

What yarn did you use for FC's socks?

Merry, merry Chrismtas!

Lorraine said...

Carrie- I used Noro Kureyon. If you double the yarn on the heel turning, they last much longer.

Brigitte said...

Not sayin' a damn thing. First designing, then dyeing...man...

I remember those BK reindeer - I still have an elephant that McD's handed out. I miss those days...

Bridget said...

Merry Christmas Lorraine! This is one of the most Christmas-y posts I've seen, thank you for the pictures.

I hope Kitten Chow has a good one, in spite of the bow picture. Jetsam said to tell him that at least no one tried to make him wear a Christmas vest ...

Nicole said...

So now I'm left wondering about the status of the wheel...

The socks look great, and are a reminder to me why I love Noro. I hope your holidays are still going strong! Here's to a wonderful 2011.