Tuesday, November 2, 2010

(Lack of) Progress Report

This year, what is left of it, hasn't been a good one in terms of health and prosperity- I don't know of anyone in my social sphere (such as it is) that has had much positive karma, but 2010 isn't over, and things could still change. If I don't get my act together before **whispers** Christmas comes, I'll be up a certain creek without the proverbial paddle.

Along with that, my knitting mojo and attention span has been really lacking. I'm also having trouble getting much done- I'm lucky if I can manage to put dinner on the table most days. I've been doing my 3rd (this year) Peace Fleece top down raglan- I gave one to Laura.Brigitte gave me this Peace Fleece, in this amazing burgundy. I like Bridge, she always says exactly what's on her mind, and she's a very talented knitter. She's got it all.

I also put together some Spindrift for a new Fair Isle- which will tell the tale of the mermaid in colours- the chart is done, and I need to decide on the shape and pattern. This won't happen until next year, because I refuse to put pressure on myself. It's a buzzkill. I also wrote the pattern for Minstrel, and would like to do that first- but at least I have a plan.

I'm also working on a winter themed cross stitch-I really like the hand dyed floss.

Other than that, my beloved Kitten Chow has been making sure the quilt fabric doesn't get cold. He's such a help.

I'm going to listen to my Charlie Brown Christmas music- it's early, but what the heck.

13 comments:

Gale said...

Can Kitten Chow come over and warm my feet?

rebekahsyarn said...

Thanks goodness the quilting fabric won't get cold, hot kitty butt press. maybe you could market that.

My husband can't wait for 2010 to be over, I can't say I disagree.

Sel and Poivre said...

My Doctor once wrote me a "prescription" when I was feeling much as you describe...she wrote "take one walk daily, regardless of weather or interest". Within just a few weeks "taking" that prescription changed everything for the better, or at least that's how it seemed to me at the time.

Nicole said...

Am I in your social sphere? Because I have been having a lovely past couple of months. Having a new guy in my life has made all the difference, and 2010 looks to be ending on a high note for me. :)

I hope things start looking up for you soon!

Carrie#K said...

Did you not design and knit a certain Red Queen this year? Because that alone pretty much negates your "knitting mojo and attention span" concerns.

Health & prosperity - yeah, it's been a rough year on that front.

Brigitte said...

Heh. I have the attention span of a gnat. I barely remember what I was doing an hour ago, let alone yesterday.

I love me some KC.

Michelle said...

Oh how well I can relate... There is a significant lack of progress here as well... it's a bit like hanging in limbo :(

Chris said...

Have they figured anything out in health land for you??

Margaretlouise said...

You are experiencing the Big D: Depression. Take it from me, I recognize the symptoms. I second Sel and Poivre's prescription for a daily walk. Add to that sunshine (and/or rig a full-spectrum light bulb in a lamp and let it beam into your eyes--no, don't stare at the light, just knit--for 25 minutes before Noon each day. Add to that dark chocolate, and a glass of red wine, if you're so inclined.

Michelle said...

Hi Lorraine! FYI :) a little package will be coming your way shortly. Everyone needs a little somthing sometimes :)
I have spent the last 2 months in a complete and total oblivion. I had a bad mamo :( on 9/23 and had a bilateral mastectomy on 11/19. I feel like I've been in limbo and now can think and see clearly again. Anyhoo.... didn't forget your thoughtful & generous Halloween gift! xoxoxo

Sonya said...

You're not the only one with neither mojo nor attention span. Hope it turns around soon. The burgandy peace fleece is gorgeous!

mrspao said...

I will be glad when 2010 is over too. Hope 2011 is a much brighter and better year for you.

Brenda said...

I hope you are feeling a bit better. Hang in there in any case.

I have just one sock left for Christmas knitting, and it seems impossible. I need more sun in winter!