Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Cool World

Hi again. This past weekend has been full of happenings. Not necessarily exciting happenings, but that's life, isn't it?

I'll start with something that I think is pretty cool- and that is my Scare Isle Tam pattern was published in Knitty:
If you are thinking of attempting a Fair Isle Tam- this is a bit of fun, and some beginners on Ravelry have completed theirs already- so it's not hard, and you'll get a laugh out of it.

We just had Thanksgiving, no Turducken but a nice 20lb turkey, with stuffing and pumpkin pie, the whole works. It was fun. On the 11th, FC and I celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary. I just read that last line, and it scared the crap out of me!I baked alot last week, and made Pumpkin Pie Bread, which smelled amazing.

I've been stalking this at Costco- and it was half price. All the Beatles on CD- how cool is that?

I spent the morning cutting out the squares for the Basket Quilt- and I've used up alot of my fabric stash, but somehow I still have lots leftover. Le sigh.

I went for a day trip up to Camilla Valley with my buddy, and brought home a rather large bag of Spindrift for another design, but I'm not entirely happy with it yet- so it will wait until inspiration strikes, and in the meantime, I am knitting another Peace Fleece sweater, and finalizing the pattern for another Fair Isle. So while it appears I'm not productive, in truth, it's all happening in my head.

My sister and I are also going for a 3+ hour walk in High Park once a week- I am determined not to miss fall this year- and the park is just glorious. TTFN!

11 comments:

rebekahsyarn said...

Congrats on your publication! Its a great tam.

Happy 24 years! That's extremely noteworthy.

Chris said...

Congrats on the pattern in knitty! Such a cute model. :)

And wow - 24 years?! Congrats on that, too!!

Belated happy Thanksgiving, too.

Whew.

Gale said...

The hat is delightful and I'll be over in an hour for some of that pumpkin pie bread.

miyamojo said...

Wow, 24 years!

Laura is such a doll, and love the tam too. Glad newbies are trying fair isle. :)

Nicole said...

I was so thrilled to see the hat pattern in knitty! Congrats!

Also, pumpkin pie bread? That sounds fabulous. Happy Thanksgiving and Anniversary! Both good things to celebrate.

Brigitte said...

I'm dying to make that tam! But I have no damn black 2-ply. I have every other colour of the rainbow. No black. :(

Congrats on your 24th! Next year, big partay.

Laura looks fab, as always.

Carrie#K said...

Congratulations on the Knitty pattern!

And the 24th anniversary.

Yum, that pumpkin bread looks good. Three plus hour walk? That should work off a slice or two.

Jewel said...

Congrats on the 24 years. That's quite an accomplishment. I'm really excited that you have another TT in the works. I just finished Ophelia and Red Queen is tempting me, although I don't have it in my stash. Yet. hee hee

Love the tam!

Anne said...

Congrats on 24! (Hadn't realized that you were married the year before A&I....). Tam is great - I know how much you love Halloween....so how appropriate.

A neighbour (with a young son) has done their front yard into a graveyard - let the grass grow - headstones - will have to wander up on the 30th to see what else is there LOL!!! Reminded me of your love for Halloween.

Sonya said...

You look pretty dang productive to me! Congrats on the 24 years and the knitty publication. Very cool. I'm looking forward to your next design!

Chris said...

Congratulations - what a great pattern and Happy Anniversary!