Friday, September 24, 2010

A Bit of a Case of Baskets.....

I was really hoping, what with some cooler weather here, that my interest in some projects would re-kindle, and instead, rather the opposite is happening. Isn't it weird how we sometimes have the mojo, and at other times...well, bupkiss.

I purchased some wonderful Virtual Yarns re-issue of Bainen (Baw-neen), the ultimate yarn to show off cable definition. My intended project was Malin, which I knit a few years ago, and really liked, and I started it, and promptly put it aside. (How do you spell Meh?)

I turned my attention to finishing up a few things that have been on the list- and sewed some quilt blocks out of some fat quarters in my stash. Those basket handles are bias strips and were sewn on by hand. I now need to cut some squares, and triangles and sew together the top, and add a border. The idea here is to use up stuff that I already have.
Since I ditched my desktop computer (I share with FC now) I have a place for the sewing machine, so I'm quilting this throw that I've had sitting around.
Oh, and I finished this cute sampler from Little House Needleworks- I am really having fun doing cross-stitch.


I've been looking at this page from the September Group of Seven calendar, and sat down with my software and worked up a Fair Isle design using these shades. Hope to see that someday- after Minstrel.

So, if you're out and about, and see my knitting mojo floating around in the ether, send it home, will ya? I'd be most grateful.

12 comments:

Chris said...

Oh oh - I hope your knitting mojo didn't run off with my knitting mojo... you'll never see it again! O.O

Here, have a fun wee video.

Brigitte said...

Oh, I love that cross stitch! What is this Minstrel of which you speak?

Carrie#K said...

I thought I saw it but it was on a run back to you.

That sampler is really cute! Cross stitch is addictive.

Baw-neen? and not bay-nin? Huh. Malin looks cute but meh to knit?

Gale said...

You've been busy.

Nicole said...

Well, you might not be knitting, but you're getting a lot of crafty stuff accomplished anyway! Hope you're having fun!

miyamojo said...

My knitting mojo is gone too. I'm pretty sure someone stole it, along with all my other mojo.

Sonya said...

Maybe your mojo will come when it gets cold. No mojo wants to be homeless during a Canadian winter.

Your Bainin makes me think I should have bought less 3-ply. I wonder if she'll continue producing it.

Jeanne said...

Sorry to hear your knitting mojo is missing but it seems like you are making up for it in other areas - beautiful quilt!

Jewel said...

Lorraine - I think yours and Michele's mojo are on vacation here in California. I've been knitting up a storm and can't get enough of it.

However, you have some great projects going so perhaps your mojo has multiple personalities?

Rebekah said...

Love the sampler its very cute.

Oh knitting mojo, I've definitely been lacking myself. I think I may have found a little, I've been looking at old projects and its gotten me a little enthused about trying some new patterns. We'll see if it actually goes anywhere.

Brenda said...

Your mojo is taking a little nap while you craft with other media. Mojos like naps now and again. I like the cross-stitch.

Cheryl said...

Hi Lorraine, LOVE the Beret on knitty, the minute I saw your beautiful daughter I actually said yea outloud...it is such fun....my mojo for everything is gone for a few months now, do house projects only a few hours a week, need to get back on course...have been a little ill and busy with animals...here's hoping both our mojos come back from their vacations

The new sweater is killer....