Sunday, August 1, 2010

It's here....

August 1st! Woot! You know what that means, don't you? Summer is half over, and then it will be glorious autumn.

Not a whole heck of alot has been happening here, aside from extreme humidity. I will say, it has been a banner year for tomatoes- we need to find the positive side of everything.

I haven't been knitting, really. I did finish another plain Peace Fleece pullover, but does that actually count? I've also been working on some embroidery and quilting projects- which I will show you next time, and making myself walk for 45 minutes every evening.

Oh, and in case you haven't been hanging around Ravelry- the Red Queen photo shoot was done yesterday:
Notice the giant Queen of Hearts playing card in the hat? Just my sense of humour.

A few weeks ago, FC, Laura and I went on a road trip to North Bay, where we were lucky enough to arrive just in time for shad fly week, and also stopped by at the Commanda Lake General Store- which is now a museum- a kinda creepy one at that.
It was oppressively hot, even up north (and this is actual bush country)- and the beautiful Lake Nipissing's water levels are way down this year.
I brought back some pottery, and we had a wonderful dinner at the Ram's Head in Callendar, then we headed home.

Any plans for prime knitting season? I see that some of the magazines are out already, so get your needles ready.

15 comments:

Chris said...

Gorgeous photo!! :)

I'm not knitting enough to have fall knitting plans...

Nicole said...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... love the sweater!

I try to not make knitting "plans". As soon as I do, something comes up to interrupt them. ;)

Michelle said...

Fantabulous photo and fantastic to see you back in action :)
** I force myself to walk as well... I am DETERMINED to reach my goal weight and for once in my 48 years of life... become a Lifetime member at Weight Watchers... I have probably invested a least a kajillion dollars joining and re-joining over the years!

Carrie K said...

The Red Queen looks FABULOUS! I love the playing card touch.

It's too cold for our tomatos - we'll have a late harvest.

Plans? Finishing what's on my needles. I NEED them for next year. Actually, cold as it's been this summer, I could use them now.

Sonya said...

I love Red Queen more every time I see her. You are so talented!

I am so ready for fall! As per usual, my queue continues to grow, but I think I'll try to finish Ingeborg and Irish Moss.

Jewel said...

Great post. Is that Ms. Laura in the water??

Brigitte said...

Oh, that looks just awesome on Laura! Is the pattern available now?!

Rebekah said...

Gorgeous sweater! I love the playing card in the hat, its quite perfect.

I'm so glad we are getting semi-close to Autumn, it can't come soon enough. This summer has been very oppresive.

Linda said...

That sweater is so gorgeous!

Anne said...

I love the shades used in this -- they are not my shade unfortunately, but I still think with a little tweaking - you're right maybe crowns aren't suitable for a man - it would be a great manly sweater........

mrspao said...

Amazing sweater! Love it when it turns cooler!!

miyamojo said...

Love that sweater! Is there a 'twist' row?

Lorraine said...

Michele- There is no "odd" chest row in this one, because I didn't like the 3rd pattern I put in.

But the crown motif is slightly different from the traditional- so I stayed with only 2 bordr patterns this time.

Brenda said...

Gorgeous colors in Queen of Hearts!
I am swatching for two cardigans: Acer by Amy Christoffers and Audrey in Unst by Gudrun Johnson. I also started a wrap: Cloisters by Miriam Felton (7 charts!) that is going to be beautiful, but it will take me forever--I'm on row 33 of 570.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, what a beautiful sweater - on a gorgeous redhead! She is sure a great model. She takes after her Mom.

Keep on designing delightful delectibles and give Chow Chops a hug from Gader and me.