Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Summer of My Discontent

They are predicting a hot summer this year- and we've had two weeks of heat, and it isn't officially summer yet- oh no's! I have to confess, that when it comes to weather, I am the opposite of most people, and love nothing more than a cold, cloudy winter day. As well as a wonderful storm, with lots of wind. The sun shining every day, well, I can't be doing with it.

And I realize, that because I live in a place that has changing seasons, a full quarter of my life is taken up with heat and humidity- and it makes me nuts. What I really need to do is see the beauty in it- adjust my attitude so to speak. When people say they are looking forward to the summer, I am secretly wishing for October-so my friend suggested I get out my plastic punk pool, and sit outside with my feet in it.

My peony bushes are pretty this year. I have three of these bushes in the back yard.

On Sunday, we went to a small fiber event in Grimsby. We got up close with some of the animals, but it was so hot, I felt bad for them.

The sheep showed us their bums- they were all different colours.

I guess they would have noticed if I tried to bring this little one home- yeah, probably.

On the knitting front, not much happening- so I had better plan some strategies, while I dream of October.

Stay cool, dudes.

11 comments:

Jewel said...

I'm with you! Give the cold, windy, wet weather any day!! Such cute sheepie butts.

Rebekah said...

I'm with you too, I hate the heat of summer. The only good thing summer is for is bike riding. And wind and bike riding don't go together.

Love the peonies. I would love to have some in my yard, but I hate the ants that seem to be attracted to them.

Gale said...

Me too. Bring me an ice pack...

chris said...

Wow - I feel the same way. Do not like THE HOT. I could do very well with just three seasons - two of which are my favorites - Fall and Winter. October makes me giddy. Snowstorms are eagerly awaited each year. The only thing that makes me slightly interested in warmer weather......Thunderstorms! We plan on moving further North.

Nicole said...

I guess I'm weird. I love all of it. Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring... I'll take them all! But by the time they're over, I'm almost always ready for a change...

Chris said...

I'm not a fan of the sticky humid days at all. We're back into the 70s again, fortunately.

Carrie K said...

I'm with you, I love the cold too. And where do I live? Gah. OTOH, it's been pretty nice here.

Those peonies are beautiful.

For a minute, I thought that Zelda and Kitten Chow had gotten a big brother.

Brigitte said...

OK good, I don't feel so bad for actually looking forward to a rainy weekend.

Michelle said...

I am in your corner... I am exhilarated by the changing of leaves, the crisp autumn air, the changing of the clocks! This 90 heat and humidity is for the damn birds!

Anne said...

I enjoy the changing of the seasons.....I just wish Summer was the shortest season of the year, Spring next, then Winter, and that Autumn would last 4 months LOL!!!

Are you sure you didn't bring any of the critters home???? that Llama looks like he wanted to come home with you!

Jeanne said...

I used to hate summer as well - but then starting golfing and now I look forward to it. But I have to say - I like spring and fall the best - the hot and humid weather? Not so much.

The cute little animals - I hope you did smuggle one home!