Monday, March 1, 2010

Who says.......?

.....we Canadians don't have a sense of humour? Have you ever seen inflatable beavers, canoes? Moose, lumberjacks- maple leaves?


Well, you have now. I think the Gold medal in Hockey was a very proud moment- and it was an exciting Winter Olympics from start to finish. Bring on 2014.

I don't think, as a nation, we are known for being particularly patriotic, but I hope everyone glows in a sense of achievement and pride- because that's a great thing. Every single athlete, and everyone who made this awesome event happen- took home the Gold.

On the homefront, my daughter is visiting a friend, and it has not escaped my notice how quiet things are around here. It's only for a few days, but I miss the purr of her little voice. I had to stop myself from all-out, snot-running, wailing. It was just like the time she went to kindergarten, and waved goodbye, and didn't look back. I composed myself until I got to the car- and let loose.

My son, well, I had to peel him off like a giant elastoplast- and the kid was still stuck to my leg.

I am going to take this opportunity to have a massive clear-out, nothing makes me happier. Any yarn, that doesn't have a project intended for it- OUT. All except my Woolen Rabbit, Enchanted Knoll, Posh, Briar Rose, Sanguine Gryphon, as well as............................................................................. .............................................................................................

9 comments:

Chris said...

Yay, Canada!

Nicole said...

I'm very happy for you guys and your successful Olympics! Congrats!

And you're getting rid of yarn? Wow. Big step.

Michelle said...

Ouch! I know those little pangs all too well!Good nesting instincts always kick in! A good yarn "clean out" will do a world of good; especially if you coordinate it opening a big bottle of Shiraz! Cheers!

Jewel said...

I'm contemplating a big yarn clean out too. But I think I'll sit back and watch you first.

Jeanne said...

My mother my father moved to the States from Canada a few years before I was born. I was at her house for the opening ceremonites and when they played the national anthem she sang under her breath - she wasn't aware she was doing it. You guys are so quiet about being Canadian!

It was a great Olympics - we watched every night and I'm sad its over.

Yarn clean out? Really? So I shouldn't try and interest you in laceweight?

miyamojo said...

Maple leaf forever!

I loved watching the Olympics & felt like it was in my backyard. We sang 'Oh Canada' at every opportunity. And I waved at the Canadian athletes when they marched in. I'm such a dork! lol! :)

Sonya said...

You Canadians put on a great Olympics! And you have such a nice, singable national anthem. Kevin and I always say we'd make good Canadians or Norwegians. Don't get rid of anything good in your yarn clear out!!

Brenda said...

I've been to several places in Canada many times, and it is a wonderful country! I have not been to Toronto, which I would love to visit someday,as it seems a great city (with lots of places to buy yarn). I also want to go to Saskatchewan just because I love how it sounds.

Good luck with the clean out! Don't be too brutal.

Laura C-dot said...

Don't worry, ladies - She won't get rid of a single thing ;)