Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Kitty Konversations

I wanted to post this week- but I hadn't realized that it is Easter weekend (guess my religion has been kinda thrown out the window) but a day off means assorted bodies taking up space, and needing to be fed, you get the idea.

I received my prize skein of Wandering Cat yarn, Slinky Cat Fingering in Midnite Rendezvous. She attached a cute little black cat stitch marker- and I keep hearing "Stray Cat Strut" in my head every time I look at this. The joys of Etsy. Thanks, Jeanne.

I am making slow progress on my Red Queen Fair Isle, but I think I have worked out some of the kinks- and hopefully it will be smooth sailing. I hope that doesn't bite me in the butt, either.

While we are on the subject of butts, certain kitties don't seem to care about the expansion of said derrierre's- our Kitten-Chow certainly has too much junk in the kitty trunk. I have forewarned him that the Easter Bunny will not be visiting his basket- but the lack of concern is evident...

"....who does she think she's talking to? How dare she walk into the country club, and insult a legend such as myself?"

14 comments:

Gale said...

Poor, poor Kitten Chow!

Cheryl said...

Lorraine, I am glad the ticker tickled you, I am happy it appears to only go to 31 days..lol...
I am still loving the FI, wow..I don't know how you do ti, truly...
Someone saw a pic of my kitties and said they looked well fed..they are 9 pounds each, I was insulted....especially seen the person making the comment looked like a little too much chow chow chow had managed its way into them...
The KaN has been quiet without you and the gang but there are some newbies so they are a bit talkative.
Have a joyous Easter

Lorraine said...

Cheryl- What would they say about KC- at 21 lbs.

Your kitties are very healthy.

Chris said...

Of course, you know I love that stitchmarker. :)

Cats do not care at all about too much junk in the trunk. Silly kitties.

Nicole said...

So I guess stash enhancement does could as suitable for a WiP Weds post. ;-) (Guess what I posted pics of today? Heh.)

Too much junk or not, we still love pictures of Mr. Chow.

Sonya said...

The things that Kitten Chow has to put up with! Poor kitty. Easter always sneaks up on me too. It's all that moving around.

rebekahsyarn said...

Poor baby! How could you be so mean, he's just a little fluffy. Its winter weight summer is coming and he'll be in speedo buff mode quickly I'm su re.

I like your new fair isle, its comingly along monarchly.

Linda said...

Look at the colours in that knitting, beautiful!

http://leafgreenknits.wordpress.com/

Brigitte said...

Ah, KC is starting to look like Liza Minelli in her later years.

Much like Atticus.

mrspao said...

Lovely yarn. KC is very cute in a kick-ass way :)

miyamojo said...

Now if it were the Easter Kitty who snubbed him... things would be different! Poor Chow.

Red Queen looks great - I really love the grey blue I'm seeing with the red.

Brenda said...

I think the Red Queen is looking lovely; I really like the colors you chose.

Kitties universally think the more food the better.

carolyninalaska said...

I am loving Red Queen!

I meant to pop over to your blog when you announce you were resuming it, and here it is 2 months later...
I guess I am on Alaska time... late to every party! Kitten Chow looks pleased... and as royal as your new FI design!

Carrie K said...

He does have a point.

Red Queen is looking fabulous! I do have a weakness for crowns.

And to address an earlier post of yours - if I don't have a book going or a project I'm working on - there's something wrong in my life.