Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Onward and Upward

How are things? I finally have my desktop back, as the-powers-that-be decided that Ubuntu was the way to go, but when I went to use things like Stitch Painter and do camera off-loads, it became too complicated for my pea brain to wrap itself around, so I'm back to Windows.

Old-school Windows. I also have a cell phone that has an antenna. Really.

I've been working on some behind-the-scenes projects, that I hope will see the light of day in the fullness of time. I did do a sock- one sock- Anne Hanson's Flaming Desire.

Healthwise, things are a bit better, but after the virus, I had major seasickness, and in desperation I looked on the internet, and came upon a site about candida. Basically, it's something we all have in our digestive tract, but can get out of control and make you ill. So I think the initial virus triggered whatever, and for the next while I am on a really restricted diet, no sugar, caffeine, wheat (gluten) and a whole list of things. This has made me really miserable, but there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. I'll do this until April 1st, and see if it makes any difference.

Your doctor will probably not have much information about it- but this is a reaction to the large amounts of sugar and additives that are put in food- even so-called health food. Antibiotics and anti-fungals are probably the worst thing you can take- so while I don't advocate self-diagnosis for anyone, sometimes traditional medicine can't offer you much. Enough said.

Is everyone enjoying the Olympics? I was so happy for that guy who won the Mogul, not only because he is Canadian, but because his brother was there for him, and his family were such nice people. He just seems like such a nice kid, and so humble about the whole thing. That was a great thing to see.

It's a little ironic that they are holding the Winter Games in Vancouver, and they are now having to deal with rain and warm temperatures, isn't it? They've had to refund tickets to events, because the weather has made it unsafe for spectators. Who would have thought something like that would happen?

Hopefully, I'll have more to show you soon. FC bought me a little blown-glass heart for Valentines- no chocolate this year. I think I like this better.

13 comments:

rebekahsyarn said...

What a beautiful heart. Chocolate only lasts on our hips :-)

Gale said...

That FC of yours sure has great taste. As for the olympics, I can't wait for them to be over. Enough already. Can't wait to see your stealth projects.

Nicole said...

The sock looks great! I'm sure they will be a great pair.

And that heart is a wonderful gift. I'd rather have it than chocolate, too (and I love chocolate).

Chris said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! If you're fighting candida, the glass heart is way, way better. :)

How old school are we talking for Windows? Vista? XP? 98? ;)

miyamojo said...

Yeah, we are happy for the mogul guy too. It's so cool that he's close to his brother. :)

Glass heart lasts forever.

Nice sock. :)

Brigitte said...

Yup people. I've seen that cellphone first hand. It does exist.

Jewel said...

Yeah - I got a picture of this cell phone. It's quite scary, actually. Love the glass heart! FC has great taste. He married you!

Sel and Poivre said...

Sugar, White Flour, Cell Phone, Texting, Facebook - I don't "do" any of them any more - I dropped 20 pounds without doing a single sit up and once over the withdrawal from all that stuff my mood, physical health and life are sweet! Hang in there - it'll pay off! (Ya' gotta keep knitting though! ;) )

Michelle said...

awww! Love that heart! Hoping you are feeling better soon.

Brenda said...

What a pretty heart! And I love the sock!

Chris said...

Pretty socks and pretty heart - I do hope your feeling better very soon!

Cheryl said...

My family confiscated my cell phone with the antenna and replaced it a few years ago..it worked fine, sort of, now I have been applefied...
I hope you are back to one hundred percent soon. beautiful glass heart....

Jeanne said...

When did you start blogging again - I have had nothing but problems with Bloglines and just switched to Google Reader and saw a bunch of new posts - I thought you stopped? Not that I'm complaining - glad you are back!

Sorry that you are sick - and it must be tough to cut everything out like that. I hope it helps though and that you feel better fast!