Sunday, January 10, 2010

You Don't Want To Know

In terms of how I am feeling physically- alot of people are kind and ask "how are you?" I will tell you, rather, I will demonstrate in a pictorial, exactly how I am:
It had not escaped my notice, while spending time in the smallest room in the house, that the makers of these products do come up with the most lurid colours-
I think it's even pinker than the Barbie Shoe (prop courtesy of Laura). And btw-don't even consider taking Immodium unless you have copious stores of TNT- or don't plan on going to the bathroom for a minimum of 2 weeks . Aren't you glad you asked?
Back to the important stuff- my Fox sweater has grown the cutest tails.

I have been sticking close to home, due to circumstances, and mooched around for some reading material that didn't require a whole lot of concentration. I got out my beloved copies of Knitter's Almanac, Knitting Around and The Opinionated Knitter. It occurred to me that I have a few things that I completely forgot about- like Meg Swansen's Shawl Collar Vest- I made 3 of them.
This is the oatmeal one, FC's is dark brown. I learned so much from those videos and books. I truly enjoyed watching and learning, and in this case, I knit along with the tape. I have a hard time with theory and book-learning. I'm more a hands-on visual learner. The most valuable one for me was the Fair Isle vest- it changed my knitting life. (apologies for FC's Godzilla that holds his computer cables).

Well, onward and upward. Someone needs to explain to Chops that laying on top of mummy when she is ill really doesn't help. He does mean well, bless his little kitty heart!

16 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh My!!! Pink is not my best color either! :) Feel better my friend. Love the knitting and LOVE that you are blogging again!!! xoxo
p.s
did u try Activia?! as corny as jamie lee curtis commercials are.... it helps keep "things" status quo!

Marina said...

My kid has a Godzilla like that, but I won't tell you how much trouble I had finding it and making sure it arrived in time for his birthday. Or was it Christmas?

Doesn't look like the "illness" stopped you from knitting. The Fox looks great, but will you people quit racing?

Lorraine said...

Michelle- I am a devoted Activia lover, and it does indeed keep things tickety-boo.

However when stomach flu strikes, yogurt loses its appeal!

Gale said...

Oh no. The foxes do look great though.

miyamojo said...

The fox looks great! Are we racing?! LOL
That vest looks comfy - I would so wear that.

Mr K would love that Godzilla.

Hope you're feeling better. Usually I like pink. :)

Chris said...

Ugh - hope you're feeling better now. :(

You knit three of those vests already?! Wow!

Cheryl said...

Chris she knit them all this weekend!!!!!
Feel better Lorraine

Marji said...

I wonder if it will help if I point out that this too will pass, and when it does you're likely to be moving that ticker on the sidebar over a slot or two.
There has to be an upside, no?
Feel better.
Foxes are looking fabulous.

Brigitte said...

Ick, I hope it's clearing up! Prune juice. Works wonders. Don't know why.

I had to have fluid drained from my right knee this past week, and a cortisone shot. Arthritis, oh joy.

Wow, even sick you got an amazing amount done on Foxie!!

Anne said...

Hope you're feeling better soon -- love the pink barbie shoe - does Laura actually wear it?

Nicole said...

Yuck - feel better! Upset stomachs are no fun, no matter what the cause.

I love the vest! Looks very comfortable.

Carrie K said...

He's trying to keep you warm and healthy. Hope you're feeling better! Poor tummy.

That shawl collared vest is beautiful.

Glenda said...

discounted mac make up

I envy that pink Barbie shoes, though I'm not into pink stuff, I would love to have this one as a collection. The shawl too, looks great and love the color.

Sonya said...

I hope you're feeling better! Whenever I have a colitis flare-up Immodium is my nearest and dearest friend.

I love the foxie tails!

Brenda said...

I hope you are feeling better by now! With those symptoms my mom always suggests the "BRAT" diet: bananas, rice, apple sauce and toast. I eat the toast.

Love the foxtails!

mrspao said...

Get well soon!