Thursday, January 21, 2010

Of Nerds and Napping...

A funny thing happened to FC that was knitting related. I made him a Star Wars toque for his birthday last year, and he wears it when it's cold out. A lady saw him at the GO station, and admired it. FC said that I had made it for him, and she wanted to know if she could get ahold of the pattern, so someone in her family could make one- she asked "are knitters like chefs, where they don't share their recipes?" I thought that was really funny.

Since the charts aren't mine, if she sees him again, I'll be happy to pass on the info from Ravelry. That hat was the forerunner of "Exterminate" which has proved very popular. I guess there are alot of nerds like FC running around.

In other news, not alot happening on the home front. I am still a bit nauseated, but have armed myself with a large bottle of Gravol, which makes me dopey, but at least I don't have the urge to "rock a barf". Besides, anything "sick" is supposed to be a good thing, amongst the teenage cognoscenti.
My Dale is coming along. I guess I don't have much of an attention span, because I find big projects daunting. It's in time out for a while, but I will finish it.
We haven't had much snow to speak of, so I've been wearing my new Halflingers, shearling lined clogs from Germany. These are perfect- note how well they enhance my workman's socks.
Inspired by my friend Pat, she gave me the recipe for this apple Bundt cake, so I went home and made one. I haven't eaten any, as I need to lose a few pounds, but I had fun baking it.
I got a new knitting bag and needle holder for Christmas, from Slipped Stitch Studios. Sick, eh? Etsy can be a dangerous thing, but I love it.
Kitten-Chow sees nothing wrong with being sleepy- it's a way of life.

12 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow! that cake looks delish! and the knitting looks great! Glad you're on the mend! Hope you are back to your old/young self real soon my friend :)

Brenda said...

The fox sweater is amazing!
KC has the right attitude!

Chris said...

Is feeling barfish helping you lose weight?! Dang, it sure would me.

Nicole said...

Man, I can't imaging making a cake that looked that good and not even nibbling a little at it... you're a stronger woman than I. Wow.

Add to that how much you get knit on an impressive project like your fox sweater, AND that you call it just "coming along"... Just wow.

Feel better soon!

miyamojo said...

That cake really does look yummy.
And the Dale is gorgeous.
Did you pin the address for the pattern on the inside of his hat?! Knitters are everywhere. :)

Anne Featonby said...

I hope you feel better soon! Your Dale looks fabulous...and the cake, well, I'm sure the family appreciated it!

Brigitte said...

Why's the Dale in time out? It's looking pretty good to me!

You're a babe Lorraine. What can I say.

Gale said...

What a great looking sweater. No matter how barfy I felt, I would NOT be able to stay away from that cake.

Marina said...

Why doesn't Bloglines pick up your blog updates!!!

The Fox looks great and doesn't deserve the time out! The cake looks delicious and you can mail your portion to me any time.

bev said...

Hope all is well with you and that you are past Rockin' a Barf. My Foxes went skiing with me yesterday. They had a grand old time! Yours would appreciate it as well.

Sonya said...

Mmmmm... apple bundt cake. Perfect for a cold winter day. I love those little foxy faces. I hope you're feeling better. At least your feet are warm.

Carrie K said...

Napping is a good thing. Foxie looks good!