Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Krazee like a Kittee

Happy 2010. I love this time of year- it can be so peaceful. As I am knitting, I am looking out the window, and snow is falling gently. I love snow.

I just wish I could feel as peaceful within. Sometimes, a gauge of my state of mind is how many projects I am working on. For me, what usually works best is to have a major thing, like a shawl or a sweater, as well as a pair of socks or mitts- something to give me a break at a stopping point.

Right now, I am working on my Dale Foxes for the KAL on Ravelry- which is working out wonderfully (the KAL, that is).
I began a pair of mittens in some leftover Spindrift (I have a ginormous ziploc bag full of Spindrift). I am going to reserve judgement about these, but let's just say that I would have done things a little differently. But what's good is I am learning some new techniques.

The other 2 projects are my Kashmir Woolen Rabbit Aeslight shawl, and the Ice Fantasia.

I blocked my Lughnasadh shawl- I used Kauni.

I have always thought that knitting is supposed to give me pleasure, but when I'm working on one thing, I am feeling that I need to be working on something else, or looking up more projects and figuring out if I have the yarn for it, blah blah blah.

I have to stop. I am making myself loony. Like a fish in a carwash. Crazy kinda crazy.
Cats have the right idea, their hobbies are eating and sleeping. Sorry to have woken you up Chow.

11 comments:

mrspao said...

I recognise that death stare. Lovely projects!! I love the shawl.

Nicole said...

Chow's on a Seuss blankie! How cool is that? =)

Chris said...

Poor Chow. What he suffers!

I LOVE that Kauni shawl! Gorgeous.

Remember - breathe in, breathe out...

miyamojo said...

I know! I'm bored with the black SS. I went out & bought the Winter VK which has 'FI' projects. Now my mind is swimming in distractions.

I love your shawl, and Foxes looks great too.

I want to kiss Chow on the nose. Wait. I don't know where that nose has been. :)

Michelle said...

Wow the shawl is beautiful! I hear ya with the "un-settled"ness :)
I only hope God lets me live long enough to complete most of my projects and knit up my stash because if I croak tomorrow I'll be mortified when it is discovered ~ I am a Yarn/Project-a-holic!
do you think I need Knitter's Anonomous or a really good KAL?

Marina said...

When you figure how to stop, please let the rest of us know the secret! I think I queue more patterns & buy more yarn when I knit. Maybe that's why I'm so slow.

Brigitte said...

I have NEVER been able to work on just one project at a time. No matter how hard I try. Didn't they just report that keeping your mind busy helps keep dementia at bay?!

KC is a handsome boy.

Anne said...

Do you rotate your projects and work on them all? The fox sweater looks great.

If I don't focus on one, nothing ever gets finished -- and I'm such a slow project finisher!!!

Carrie K said...

I hope you at least fed him when you roused him from his beauty slumber.

But isn't that "new project/do I have the yarn" etc part of the fun?

Cheryl said...

Foxie is looking great I don't know how anyone has only one project. I rotate and then suddenly a lot are done and alot of new ones have been cast on, a never ending circle of life.

Sonya said...

I love your soon-to-be foxes. I can't do one project at a time either. Although on the few occasions when I did, I felt like I was accomplishing more. On that note, I just ordered yarn for the Dale polar bear sweater for DH. ;o)

Your shawl is lovely. As is the Sirdal in the background.