Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Autumn 2009 Part 1



I'm still not quite getting the hang of this Ubuntu thing.  It's messing with my camera and it's messing with what's left of my brains.



I have been knitting these last four months- project monogamy being the thing.  I finished Anne Hanson's Irtf'a, or Raven shawl.  This is the first Faeroese shape I have done, and wasn't nearly as complicated as I first thought.  I added some teal shimmery beads to the bottom quill pattern.

Another Anne Hanson, this time from Twist Collective, her Gnarled Oakwoods wrap.  I didn't use the center pattern, and I also didn't graft 2 pieces in the center- I simply knit the first chart for a number of repeats, adding Root Beer iridescent beads (sparkle Ho that I am) and used Dream In Color Baby, in November Muse.  I love this piece, to pieces!



I know you all want to know how Kitten-Chow has been.  Very naughty, as it happens.  Yesterday when we brought in the Christmas tree, and we rolled up the area rug in the living room.  He wasn't happy, and left a message for me on my bed.  It's getting to the point that we're afraid to do anything around here, in case we upset him.  What next?



This is my Norfolk Pine knitter's Christmas tree- my friend made all the knitted ornaments, and this thrills me no end.




How is everyone doing this year?  Have you spent more?  Done all your shopping?  Started wrapping yet? Huh?

14 comments:

pendie said...

I love your shawls, especially the Gnarled Oakwoods wrap. You've inspired me to make one myself!

Sonya said...

Your shawls are amazing! And honestly, who doesn't love sparklies? Kiki has been particularly cranky lately too. Maybe she and Kitten-Chow are in cahoots.

Jewel said...

Gosh I'm glad you're back to blogging! Chow and Pinhead will definitely be sharing the big litterbox in the sky or wherever they go!

Your shawls are gorgeous. Great job!

Chris said...

Bad KC. Very bad. Do you just make your bed with a plastic tarp now?

Nicole said...

I love your shawls! And when you show off lovely things like that, I envy your project monogomy. If I was only working on one thing at a time, I'd have my current shawl WIP done, too. But alas... too easily distracted.

On the other hand, SHINEYS! Who doesn't love them?

MichaelJames said...

BEAUTIFUL knitting, darling. Just beautiful!

miyamojo said...

Love your shawls!

Maybe you should leave Chow something on his bed. Okay, maybe not.

Handmade ornaments are very cool. :)

sillyewe said...

You know, I am so happy to see you back, too! I think many of us got burned out for a bit....but I MISS so many of my cyber buddies. Glad to see you up and running again! :0)

Brigitte said...

Yeah, I like what Michele said - maybe you should try leaving something on KC's bed. Heh.

bev said...

I agree with Brigitte! That'll show him!!! Love the shawls. Have a joyous Christmas and New Year too!

Bridget said...

I have a feeling that if you left something on KC's bed, someone would pay. And it would probably be you, even more than usual ...

Beautiful shawl!

I sent out the last of the packages to my family today, so now I can concentrate on some more baking - YUM!

Anne Featonby said...

Great Dorset Down photo -- complete with Hunter wellies!

mrspao said...

Poor Kitten Chow - Merlin doesn't like change either. Those shawls are gorgeous.

junieann@aol.com said...

Dear Lorraine:

Your new Twisted Traditions sweater is terrific. Looks great on you.
Your lace is lovely. I've given up on lace. I still buy patterns but don't knit them. :) I know, I am a little strange.
I have been in Blog Blahs for sometime now. You give me hope that I might come out of it soon. Thanks for posting.