Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Autobahn For All

Today is December 23. Do you want to know how I know that? Even if there weren't a calendar in the house, or my watch didn't have a date thingy on it (not that I can see it anymore)- I would know. This morning FC and I got up and started the Christmas cooking. He is being a nice guy and cooking the sausage meat for the stuffing, I have done the potato casserole, and the turnips and carrots, as well as the rice, onions and celery. I now understand why people drink, because up until now I have had no taste for it, but I really get it now.

It has not been without it's share of fun. Dearest Chris, wanted to know if this was Kitten-Chow:
To which KC is replying:
You see, KC knows how much she hates her picture being shown, and unfortunately Auntie Brigitte got caught up in this, but all in a good cause. Chris knows that KC has no nuts!

We have wondered, if perhaps KC has been moonlighting for Hallmark.
But no matter. I have shopped, wrapped, cleaned, and now I have begun a new project, Anne Hanson's Ice Fantasia in BMFA Laci, Winter Solstice- with wonderful icy beads.
We are also beginning our "Knit A Norwegian" KAL over at Ravelry on January 1st- so come and join us for that.
I'll leave you with this last Anne Taintor image, who just describes my life so well. If you want me, I'll either be under the Volkswagon, or curled up under the blanket with Mayhem. That is, if Chris is still speaking to me.

Merry Christmas, and may all your yarn dreams come true!

11 comments:

Chris said...

*thhhhhhbbbbbbt*

*mope*

Marina said...

Does she close her eyes on purpose? Seems like every picture, she does that.

Can I join you under the VW? Kids already got the "why am I doing this" speech!

Chris said...

I do not close my eyes on purpose. Hmph.

Nicole said...

Chris, if you keep moping like that, we'll throw you in the next "Twilight" movie. You could probably mope as well as Bella does. Only with more yarn. ;-)

Lorraine, I can't wait to see your new project! I love beaded knitting. So much fun. As soon as I'm done with my gift knitting (I must be crazy) I'm going to pull out beads of my own.

miyamojo said...

Catnuts! LOL! Oh the humiliation!

Anne Featonby said...

I'm so glad you started blogging again Lorraine - I missed the laughs. If you have to hide uner the VW, well, it's a nice car to hide under.

Gorgeous new project.....love the beads!

bev said...

Jack wants to know if KC's nuts were roasted at the same time his were. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good feast while Lorraine is under the VW.

Sonya said...

Catnuts just about made me spit minty hot chocolate on my laptop. Hope you had a nice nap under the VW.

Brigitte said...

Hee hee! If it weren't for the decor, I'd have sworn it was KC! Instead of commenting on the icky picture, I'm going to mention all the lovely yarn on the table. No one else has.

Marina said...

I would have Brigitte, except that it looked like Lorraine was making sure none went walkabout ;-)

Carrie K said...

Great pictures!!